School partnerships are one of the most popular focus areas of city gospel movements. This is largely because most of the needs leaders are working to address in a city are found in schools. Poverty, foster children, homelessness, mental illness, racial reconciliation, education, families and more are found in these community hubs.
Make sure to check out these school partnerships across the country whose innovations are making an impact in their communities.
- School Connect | Phoenix, Arizona | CAFE model recognized as the best model for faith-based partnerships by the US Department of Education. Hear from their Executive Director, Tracey Beal here.
- Caring for Kids Kansas City | Kansas City, Missouri | 203 churches have become a part of Caring for Kids Network along with 78 businesses and 69 civic groups serving 111 schools. Currently serving 8 school districts. View their school partnership model here.
- For Columbus Kids | Columbus, Ohio | Their interactive and easy-to-use map of school partnerships is updated annually with current needs presented by each school.
- Loving Houston | Houston, Texas | Check out their website for helpful school partnership principles and other great resources and inspiration.
- All Our Children | National Network | Hosts monthly webinars for school partnership practitioners to learn from one another.
Do you know of other school partnership models? We’d love to hear! Please comment below so that we can all benefit from each other’s experiences.